Monday, July 23, 2012

Geeky Spiderman Boy (a Gift)

This week we had two birthdays and today it is my youngest son's 6th birthday. So to you my boy, I dedicate today's post.

 I would have never believed anyone if they would have told me six years ago how much my life would have changed after introducing you, our second living creature to this world, our most precious gift together with your brother. Your dad and I thought that after the challenges we faced with your big brother, that you would have been a piece of cake to handle, we had this. Wrong! Your big personality slowly started showing up too and took us all by surprise, in every sense of the word. In kindergarten your teachers already  "Don't know what to do with you anymore", but hey, your brother needed the challenge after all!:-)

You know how to make us all smile, every day. Some days are more challenging than others, but your dad and I are also learning, understanding that we were chosen to be your parents for a reason. Your potentials are incredible. I see them in you each and every day. That will power that drives us crazy today is what will make you someone that will change the world tomorrow.

You are as sweet as you are hardheaded and your cuddles are priceless. Your heart is big and your intelligence spectacular; I still remember when you were about the age of two and I got lost and from your toddler, turquoise car seat you pointed your tiny finger and said "Mom that way! Then there." and you were right! Just like that.

You always know what you want and no one can convince you otherwise. I love that you ask to wear your Spider-man suit even if we are no where near Halloween and people look at you "strange" or kids make fun of you. You just pretend to fire a spiderweb at them and carry right on playing....

So I am more than honored to be your mother and will accept these challenges with (tired) joyfulness and hope for you in the future.

As requested by Sir Ethan, mom made:

Ethan's Spiderman Cake
Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment