Friday, August 24, 2012

Geeky Reorganization!

Today it is the last day I will have the two mini-geeks home with me all day. That's right, on Monday they will start a new school year. It will be different this year though because they will be going to a new school. They are excited but at the same time a little overwhelmed. You have to know that my two mini-creatures do not usually do that well with change so this will be a big challenge but it may also help them learn how to be more flexible. On the positive side it is considered one of the best schools in our city (one of the reasons why we moved). To make it a little less "scary" for the kids I will also be applying to volunteer at their new school, they will see me often and this should help, at first at least.

As if this were not enough, on Monday I will be starting my last college semester too, meaning that I will have to start applying to University and getting organized for my next step towards the "career" world.

To add to all of this I have decided to take on a new fitness journey as well. I will start kickboxing this month to get me somewhat ready for my black belt testing which should take place, as you know, about a year from now. The kickboxing should help with the endurance, weight loss and lean muscle I will need to perfect my techniques.

(Keep in mind that we have no family or nannies etc. to help us out through all of this!)



So these next few months will be pretty intense, considering Eddie (our oldest) will have to take on HIS black belt testing in October, if everything goes as planned. Planning - this is the key and what I will be relying on this coming year, more than any other.

My plan will start by writing weekly and daily to-do lists. By writing EVERY appointment, commitment, meeting or test on our white-board kitchen calendar.


Also FINALLY keeping in mind the "having a place for everything, everything in it's place" technique my father has always tried to pass on to me and my brother (with little successes till now). It's amazing what you will resort to when desperate to get results!



So to get off on the right foot - supplies have been bought, new backpacks ready and, a positive attitude..... check! Check! Check! Now let the fun begin. Bring it on!

P.S: Will keep you posted on the results.


No comments:

Post a Comment