Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Geeky Yayyyyyy!

"My new blog, I am so excited!", these being the first thoughts that entered my mind when I opened this blog.....Ok, sooooo now what? I have so much to say that I do not know where to start! My husband says to just start writing and "you will find your way". So, here I am!
I am 27 years old, I have two gorgeous but exhausting kids (10 and 5), have been with my husband for 12 years now, but guess what? I am still not sure of where I am headed!

I heard a commencement speech by Neil Gaiman the other day who was talking about the "fraud police". He was explaining how he has these nightmares about these officers knocking on his door at night telling him he is a fraud at what he does (writing in his case). My interpretation being that these were caused by a sense of insecurity regarding his role as a writer, as a person. This insecurity we think we will overcome at some point in our lives; after graduating, after getting married, after having kids, after finally finding the "right job" for us... God knows I get it! I have the same feelings and thoughts of thinking that maybe I am pursuing the wrong dreams, have passion for the wrong things, work for the wrong reasons, but I think that in a sense, deep down we all have such feelings, now and then at least.

Here is Neil Gaiman's commencement speech:

No comments:

Post a Comment